The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, speak to your people and say to them, If I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and make him their watchman, 3 and if he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, 4 then if anyone who hears the sound of the trumpet does not take warning, and the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet and did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But if he had taken warning, he would have saved his life. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.7 “So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 8 If I say to the wicked, O wicked one, you shall surely die, and you do not speak to warn the wicked to turn from his way, that wicked person shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 But if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, that person shall die in his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul.
Ezekiel 33:1-9 ESV
Christians are called to alertness as ambassadors of Jesus Christ. We are salt and light in this world, standing firm in the faith, defenders of the Gospel of Truth. As a Watchman, there is much to be proclaimed today. “Fatally Flawed” movements are running rampant, ensnaring multitudes. “Delightful Deceptions” are sneaking their way into churches, polluting the purity that Jesus desires in His Bride.
Are we alert? Do we have eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to follow God’s Word, our source of Truth?
As Paul told Timothy near the end of his life and ministry, so too may this be my cry and yours,
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.”
2 Timothy 4:7-8 ESV
As I’ve pursued a Watchman status, I’ve gathered articles and resources that will serve to open eyes and minister to hearts. I’ve also written blog posts categorized as “Watchman Reflections”. Please browse (understanding that this is a growing list, a work in progress), share, and be blessed.
Fatally Flawed Movements:
Social Justice campaigns like critical race theory, Black Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, LGBTQ Inclusivity, and more.
- In His Image Movie, Transgender Documentary
- Alisa Childers I Blog (Reflections on the Jen Hatmaker Controversy and Why We Can’t Agree to Disagree on Homosexuality)
New Apostolic Reformation
- New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) – Berean Research
- “Dream Destiny” is code for “Another (NAR) Gospel” | Michaelsen Ministries
- Alisa Childers I Blog (5 Signs Your Church Might Be Heading Toward Progressive Christianity)
- Alisa Childers I Blog (The Gospel According to Progressive Christianity, Is It Really Good News?)
- Alisa Childers I Blog (5 Ways Progressive Christianity and New Age Spirituality Are Kind of the Same Thing)
- Christian Occultists Johanna Michaelsen Part 1 – YouTube
- A Party Jesus? – By Warren B. Smith (newagetoamazinggrace.com)
- Home | PsychoHeresy Awareness Ministries (pamweb.org)
- Richard Rohr’s The Universal Christ (christiananswersforthenewage.org)
- Christian Yoga: An Oxymoron? (christiananswersforthenewage.org)
- Yoga Training: Not Just Exercise (christiananswersforthenewage.org)
- Contemplating Contemplative Prayer: Is It Really Prayer? (Page 1 of 3) (christiananswersforthenewage.org)
HEART HEALING/THEOPHOSTIC PRAYER
- Critical Issues Commentary: Why Theophostic Prayer Ministry is Neither Prayer Nor Christian (cicministry.org)
- Theophostics: Unbiblical Teaching Wedded to Mystical Experience (Theophostic Ministry) (cicministry.org)
- What’s Wrong With Inner Healing? | thebereancall.org
- Christian Answers for the New Age Article
- The Enneagram GPS: The Gnostic Path to Self (christiananswersforthenewage.org)
MEDITATION/WRITING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
Truth Talk (Where to Find the Good Stuff!!)
- Lamb and Lion Ministries
- Get a Life Ministries with Pastor Billy Crone
- Calvary Chapel with Pastor JD Farag
- Christian Answers for the New Age with Marcia Montenegro
- Olive Tree Ministries with Jan Markell
- Alisa Childers; Apologetics, Theology, Culture, Worship
- Michaelsen Ministries with Johanna Michaelsen
- 200 Resources You Can Trust! By David Fiorazo – Stand Up For The Truth